Master's Thesis and Doctoral Dissertation Help – Thesis and Dissertation Editing – APA Formatting
Copy editor, APA editor, technical editor, fiction editor, developmental editor, proofreader, researcher, technical writer, business and marketing writer, and generalist
Linda Trollinger has been a writer and editor for nearly 30 years and has edited thousands of documents for clients around the world. She is a versatile award-winning copy editor with a diverse array of experience:
- Business and marketing collateral for Kelly Services, Citibank, Bayer, and Fortune 500 companies
- Technical documentation for IBM, Symantec, Dell, Adobe, Seicor, Sybex, and Ventana
- Fiction and nonfiction for published authors, including novels, short stories, poetry, religion, and philosophy
- Academic editing, master’s theses, and dissertations
- Website content, business plans, corporate overviews, and resumes
- Developmental editing, substantive editing, copyediting, and proofreading
As Managing Editor of the first full-scale documentation project ever outsourced by IBM-Sweden, Linda supervised five writers on-site in Stockholm, edited 11 books, and wrote the project style guide and master glossary. She has edited more than 25 technology books published by Sybex/Wiley and Ventana Communications, more than 100 peer-reviewed articles for academic and scientific journals, and dozens of dissertations. Linda is an expert in APA and Chicago Manual styles and is a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association.
As a technical editor, Linda focuses on ensuring technical accuracy in addition to copyediting to correct grammar and wording problems. Special attention is given to the use of correct and appropriate terminology and language. A technical edit may involve verifying information or querying the author about information that is false or potentially misleading. A technical edit results in a well-written, well-organized, and technically accurate document.
Whether writing or editing for business or academia, Linda’s goal is to ensure that your content is flawless and meets your objectives.
Books Edited by Linda
- The Complete PC Upgrade and Maintenance Guide by Mark Minasi
- Build, Upgrade, and Repair Your PC Network on a Shoestring Budget: Maximum Connectivity at Minimum Cost by Wayne N. Kawamoto
- Everything Has Two Handles: The Stoic’s Guide to the Art of Living by Ronald W. Pies, M.D.
- Who’s Running Things Around Here Anyway? By Dianne Couris
- Majestic Descending by Mitchell Graham
- Kevin Murphy Takes on the Father of Lies by M.J. Smith
- Confession of the Vampire by Kim Mathis Schwartz
- The Test of True Love by Jennifer Conway
- Web Publishing with ActiveX Controls by Doug Lloyd
- HTML Publishing on the Internet by Brent Heslop
- Official HTML Publishing for Netscape: Your Complete Guide to Web Page Design & Production by Gayle Kidder and Stuart Harris
- Mastering Microsoft FrontPage 2000 by Molly Holzsclag
- MCSD: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures Study Guide by Ben Ezzell
- Internet Complete Mass Market Paperback – September, 1998
- Mastering Microsoft Photodraw 2000 by Shane Hunt
- Wiffen by Terry Parrish
- You’ve Got The Look: The Complete How to Celebrity Look-Alike Guide by Denise Bella Vlasis
“I have worked with Linda on many marketing writing projects, and she consistently delivered high-quality work, on time and on budget. She has a strong skill set in writing, and was a real pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend her services.” ~ Donna Tarlton, Global Customer Reference Manager, Symantec
“Linda is great and knows APA and Capella APA standards extremely well. She was directly responsible for my maintenance of a 3.85 GPA on all of my graduate work and I strongly urge any serious graduate student to have her edit your final papers. My writing greatly improved with her help, and I could pay attention to my research without being bogged down by APA style issues.” ~ Bob Richardson, Ph.D., Senior Research Scientist, PepsiCo
“Linda has edited several professional journal articles for me, one of which was subsequently accepted for publication. The article that was accepted had been previously rejected prior to having Linda edit it. She works quickly and competently.” ~ Walter Wessels, Professor of Economics